Hiring a Web Development Company? Read This First!
You’re considering hiring a web development company to custom build you a website. A one-size-fits-all solution simply won’t meet your business’ needs. You a team who understand the ins and outs of web development and can transform your visions into reality. For that, it’s essential you do your due diligence on your potential candidates first. Let’s take a look at five must ask questions before hiring any web development company.
5 Questions to Research Before Hiring a Web Development Company
To hire the best web developer for your project, first you must stop. Before you begin, you need to have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve. As well as being able to explain your vision to others clearly, this will assist you to select candidates who have the necessary skills to complete your project. Once you know the type of web development company you need, you can move on to finding the answers to these five questions:
- What proof do they have of their skills? Look for written testimonials and references from past clients, examples of websites they have designed and even if their advertised skills are demonstrated in their own website too.
- Have they completed a project like yours before? The best answer would be yes, and they are happy to show you their portfolio of clients with similar needs to you. However, even if they say no, it’s not all bad news. As long as the web developers can explain what they would do and why, plus the skills they can have which can transfer to your project, they’re still in the running.
- What information do they need from you? If they have a comprehensive list of questions to ask you and are determined to understand even the smallest details about your business’ needs, great. If they only want a quick chat and will come back to you with a plan for you to approve, walk away now!
- Who will own and control the website once it’s built? Some less customisable websites or web builders simply lease the platform’s technology to build the website upon. We only use open-source CMS for our websites, which means you own and control everything!
- What’s involved in the web development process? An experienced website development company will have solid procedures manual in place. They’ll be able to explain what will happen before, during and after the development of your website. Because of this, they will also know exactly what kind of input is required by you and when it is necessary. There shouldn’t be any questions they don’t know or can’t find out the answer for!
At Future Lab, we’re not afraid of being asked the tough questions; we welcome them all! We want to make something special in the digital landscape for our clients, and that requires that they understand exactly what we can offer them. For an outside the box approach to your business website, contact the team at Future Lab and let’s get started today!